Blount County Fire Chief Doug McClanahan says that two Townsend firefighters were injured while battling a house fire on the 200 block of Boat Gunnel Road in Townsend Wednesday morning.
The fire chief says his department was aiding Townsend Fire Department when the injuries occurred.
He said he was unaware of any event that led up to the injuries. One firefighter was overheated, the other complained of chest pains.
The firefighter complaining of chest pains was taken by ambulance to the hospital.