Our network

Man found in Seymour house fire died of natural causes | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Man found in Seymour house fire died of natural causes
News


A Seymour man, initially believe to have died in a fire, actually died of natural causes, according to the Blount County Sheriff's Office.

Preliminary results from an autopsy determined Richard James Sanzo, 65, died of natural causes. After speaking with witnesses, detectives believed Sanzo dropped a lit cigarette in his bed after dying from a health-related issue. The burning cigarette started a fire in the house, according to a sheriff's department release.

Firefighters discovered Sanzo's body when they responded to the fire on Oliver Avenue in Seymour on Saturday. The damage to the home was limited to the area around Sanzo's bed.


News

Maryville - Blount Businesses